Best Hair and Beauty Products 2016


Happy New Year! Another year of memories and experiences have passed and it's nothing short of glam. I must admit, it's a weird year for beauty, with tons of outrageous makeup challenges that trended - sock and silicone sponges, glitter roots/beards, we even went too far with the 100 layer makeup challenges. Now all this is fun, but there is still a beauty standard we must follow.

So for the start of the year, I'm revealing all my favorite hair and makeup products that got me through the glam life in the past year.



HAIR


(L-R: Foam Curlers, TRESemme Split Repair Serum, Hair Fairy Dry Shampoo, TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray)

Foam Curlers - this is my travel friendly curler. I use it on the road before arriving at the event. So easy to use, and it only takes a few minutes to curl my hair. If I need to leave early in the morning I sleep with these curlers on.

TRESemme Split Repair Serum - I apply this serum after I'm done with all my hair preparations. It keeps my hair smooth, frizz-free and smelling good.

Hair Fairy Dry Shampoo - this is a life saver when I don't have the time to shampoo my hair. It freshens up my hair leaving it light and bouncy. It's also a must have for me when my hair is full of spray net from a shoot.

TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray - before blow drying or straightening my hair, I always used this for protection. Makes my hair more manageable too.

SKIN CARE


(L-R: Flawless Skin Renew Cream, Pore Refiner and Skin Protect Gel)

This three is my current skin care routine after washing my face. It helped me cleared up my pimples leaving less oily, smoother skin.


(L-R: Charmzone Ginkgo Natural Cleansing Water, Nature Republic Aloe Soothing Gel, Etude House AC Clinic Pink Powder Spot, AC Clinic Daily Toner)

Charmzone Ginkgo Natural Cleansing Water - this is my favorite makeup remover of all. It removes makeup quickly and completely (even the mascara!) and it smells so good.

Nature Republic Aloe Soothing Gel - I used this aloe gel when I have rashes or red spots in my skin. It says that it works well for your hair too!

Etude House AC Clinic Pink Powder Spot - when I have a really huge pimple that I want gone, I use this drying lotion.

AC Clinic Daily Toner - my alternative toner. Perfect for sensitive skin like mine.

MAKEUP BASE


Airspun Loose Face Powder - I use this to set my undereye concealer. Works very well with a damp beauty blender!
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - I use the matte foundation because I tend to get oily. It stays on matte for a long time, but if you want a more dewy look, apply with a cushion instead.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - my most favorite concealer! Its the best when it comes to concealing my underye discoloration but they get soldout fast!
L.A. girl Pro Concealer - when I don't have the maybelline concealer. Works just fine but sometimes I find it too thick for me.
BYS Cream Concealer Palette - I use this if I want to highlight and contour. Just look at all those shades!

NYX


(L-R; NYX Liquid Suede, black liner and setting spray)

These are my favorite NYX products. I used the cream lipstick when I want to look like an instagram baddie; the liner for that perfect winged eye and the setting spray to keep my face from being "HULAS".

MAYBELLINE


(L-R: Maybelline Gel liner and Hypercurl Mascara)

Maybelline is still the best when it comes to gel liners and mascara. So affordable and stays on for a very long time!

EYEBROW


I only use one product for my eyebrows, and it's K-Palette lasting 2-way eyebrow. I'm all about Korean brows nowadays and this one works wonders to making my brows look full and natural. Kilay is life, but can we please say goodbye to instagram brows?

GlamourBox Pop Beauty


I received a beauty box from GlamourBoxPH containing Pop Beauty products and was surprised by the quality of it. This bronzer palette is my go to blush and powder contour! It really leaves my skin looking sun-kissed.

Sleek Makeup


Sleek is another drugstore brand that I really love. Their Matte Ma liquid lipsticks are perfect dupes for the Kylie lip kit and it's not as drying as ColourPop's. They are also popular for their Highlighter Palette that can compare to high-end BECCA x Jaclyn highlighters.

Colourette Colourstick


(L-R: Sahara, Bethany, Amari, Georgia)
I love Coloursticks so much! They have the best colors to complement my skin tone and all it needs is just one swipe! Just look at how new my lipsticks still look. If you want to see my favorite shades, search my #ColouretteClique posts.

ColourPop


At the beginning of the year, I was so obsessed with liquid lipsticks, I even created two makeup tutorials for it - a Kylie Jenner makeup tutorial and a Kylie Lip Kit dupe video.

Kylie Cosmetics


Of course this list wouldn't be complete without my go to Kylie liquid lipstick and gloss. I still only have just three but I'm looking forward to get as much as possible for this year! HUHU Kylie, why do you have to release such beautiful shades and collections. 

P.S. A Christmas gift is never too late!

PERFUME


(L-R)

Zara Woman - favorite for every day
Viva La Juicy - when I feel extra girly
Mademoiselle Azzaro (from FRESH fragrances) - my ultimate favorite for special occassions


BOOKS


Additional!

Last year, I completed the Fallen and Selection series. This year, I want to read more! So please leave a comment for your book recommendations. A K-drama recommendation is good too haha! Thank you for reading and Happy New Year again!





My Instagram

Copyright © We Duet | Miccolo & Ruth. Made with by OddThemes