Packing Travel Outfits and Essentials


We just got back from Ilo-Ilo city for Dinagyang Festival, and we thought we could share some tips on how we pack for travels and how we plan our outfits beforehand for events like these.

ACCESSORIES.  

Since we all want to travel light, stacking up on accessories instead of clothes is the best way to go. They don't take up too much space in your luggage but it does add a lot to your outfit.

Ilo-Ilo is a tropical destination so we stacked up on shades and hats. Today's trend is wearing micro sunnies. I got mine from an instagram shop called Clout9ShopPH.

For this trip I chose hand-made native accessories from She.Flamingo to support local artistry in celebration of the Dinagyang Festival. 

 

    Also, whenever you visit a place, it's always best to incorporate a part of their culture into your outfits. For Dinagyang, we chose these Ati headpieces we bought from the parade street vendors.


NUDES AND NEUTRALS.

For this trip, I chose neutral tones in white, blues and browns. I made sure to pack my comfortable denims for bottoms. For tops, I brought all my assymetrical tops (off-shoulders, fringed, tie-ups) in plain and prints.

For shoes I know that I will be walking around a lot, so I brought my favorite white sneakers and these tie-up sandals if ever I need something more dressy. 



She.Flamingo earrings, Shortcuts Apparel skirt, Skechers sneakers


Shortcuts Apparel top, Zara fringe denim pants, Skechers sneakers


HM jacket, AMS Clothing ROGUExAMS top and skirt, Babe About Town PH bag, Forever 21 sandals


SKIN CARE.

We both follow a strict skin care routine starting with our holy grail Flawless products. 
It is the only brand/ clinic we trust when it comes to taking care of our skin. For day and night we use the Flawless Acene Control Kit that you can shop here.

You can also win a skin care kit on your own by joining our giveaway - http://bit.ly/WeDuetFlawlessGiveaway

MAKEUP.

For my travel makeup, I'm trying out a new foundation routine using Colourette Cosmetics. I will be uploading a product review makeup tutorial soon!

So subscribe to our Youtube if you still haven't yet - http://bit.ly/Weduet


GEARS.

During trips, we try to constantly post updates on our social media accounts. We use an iPhone 6s and Huawei Mate 9 for our IG stories. For our instagram photos and vlogs, we use a Canon 200D with Canon ES 1-55mm kit lens, Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens and Samyang 14mm T3.1. 

We got into detail on how we edit our IG stories in this video - http://bit.ly/InstagramStoriesAppTutorial



FLORALS.

I want my outfits for this trip to be effortlessly festive. So I brought all my floral tops with me. Aztec prints is also a good alternative to wear if you're visiting a tropical destination. When we arrived at Ilo-Ilo, the weather is pretty warm, so I opt to wear more walking shorts.



AMS Clothing tropical buttondown, Mundo shorts


STAMPED bucket hat, Flesh Imp floral shirt, Factorie shorts


Thrifted polo, Forever 21 pants, Reebok Classics sneakers

Stay tuned for our vlog for places to visit in Ilo-Ilo!

#SmartDinagyang #MyDinagyangStory





My Instagram

Copyright © We Duet | Miccolo & Ruth. Made with by OddThemes